Lads & Dads | Gift Guide

Anyone else find the men in their life absolutely impossible to buy pressies for? Me. Too. Every birthday is a struggle, and Christmas is even worse because they all need presents at the same time! Argh!

This year, I've been shockingly organised and have planned, if not bought, most of my presents already. There's some amazing gifts out there this year, it just takes a bit of digging sometimes to track them down. So to save you the hours of trawling the high street and sites that I've already put in, here is my 2017 guys Christmas gift guide. Whether your budget is £10 or £200, or you're shopping for you boyfriend or your brother, there should be something in here for you...

Stocking Stuffers - Under £20
First up we've got the fail safe classic Christmas present of socks (1), and these waffle offerings from Folk are the cosiest things ever. They come in loads of different colours, and the little leather tag on the side adds a funky little edge. My boyfriend has about 4 pairs of these and counting, and he LOVES them.

I think these personalised face cushions (4) or 'mushions', from Firebox, are the funniest present I've come across his year by miles. Imagine how hilarious unwrapping one of these would be!? You can even order sets of two or three, one face of each sibling would make the perfect present for Dad or Granddad. 


1. Folk Waffle Socks £16 2. Joe & Sephs Marmite Popcorn £4 3. Have A Good Time Enamel Pin £12 4. Mushions £14.99 5. Jason Markk Premium Shoe Cleaning Kit £15.95




















Been Good This Year - Under £50
You can't go far wrong with alcohol for a Christmas present, and I'm totally in love with this Duppy Share Caribbean rum (3) to add a bit of sunshine to the bleak British Winter ahead. It's got tropical fruit and oak flavours - mix it with ginger ale with angostura bitters, ginger ale and some fresh lime for the dreamiest dark & stormy.

Whether it's being given or received I always love a personalised gift, and this print from Not On The High Street (5) is exactly why. It's a metallic print of the sound wave of a song of your choice, and is a perfect choice for the music lover in your life. You can add a message at the bottom and have it framed, or just order the print on its own. This would also be a fab present for any couples on your gift list, with 'their song' printed on it, a super cute addition to their living room.


1. Stussy Forrest Green Long Sleeved T-Shirt £45 2. Uppercut Deluxe Pomade Gift Tin £40 3. The Duppy Share Rum 700ml £27.50 4. Childish Gambino 'Awaken, My Love!' Vinyl £28 5. Personalised Metallic Favourite Song Sound Wave Print £30

Something Special - Under £100 
It doesn't matter if they're 15 or 55, boys love their toys, and this camera drone (1) from ASOS is sure to get hours and hours of use. My little brother (I say little, he's about a foot taller than me) is massively into vlogs and cameras, and would love this to try his hand at some Casey Neistat style filming. You're getting it for a fraction of the price of a lot of other drones on the market, which makes it perfect gift to have a dabble with instead of jumping in at the deep end with a way more pricey model. 

Number 3 is more representative of a whole store recommendation, although I picked this Levi's jacket for obvious reasons, that combination of shearling and corduroy is just gorgeous. Very on trend, very 70's. Liquor Store is a Birmingham based speak easy store, but they also have all of their stock online, and is always my one stop shop for menswear! They carry a tonne of great brands, such as APC, Patagonia, Folk, Universal Works, and they've also got some right funky homeware pieces too. Definitely one to check out if you're stuck for inspiration. 

1. Arcade Orbit HD Camera Drone £89.99 2. Crosley Cruiser Black & Gold Record Player £89 3. Levi's Good Sherpa Trucker Jacket in Chino £99 4. Clark's Wallabees in Maple Suede £95 5. Comme Des Garcons Wonderwood EDP 100ml £90

So, that wraps up my first ever lads and dads Christmas gift guide, I hope you've found it useful in some way! I'm super happy with the gifts I've gone for this year, and fingers crossed they'll be just as happy when they open them Christmas morning! 
I was considering doing one for the gals too, although that'd probably just end up being a post about my own wishlist, but do let me know in the comments if that'd be something you'd be interested in seeing! 

Gift shopping is the first festivity I've let myself partake in so far this year. I'm always way premature and such a keen bean to get the Christmas songs & films on, get the decorations up, and survive on a diet that is 90% mince pies, 10% Baileys. I've been well behaved up until now, but I've had to resist Mariah Carey coming on the radio already, and there's already been mince pies in the kitchen tempting me! I'm about fit to burst with Christmas spirit and I cannot WAIT, so keep up to date for some more very merry festive content coming in December ! 

j x 

Friendly disclaimer - Of course I'm not saying these gifts could ONLY be suitable for a male, they could all be for anyone, they're just things that I personally have chosen for the men in my life or think that they'd like!


Comments

Popular Posts